Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Genetic Results

We got the phone call today from the doctor's office about our baby's chromosome testing. Our precious angel had Trisomy 21. I have been waiting for the last few weeks to get these results, and they do bring me some peace. Please don't misunderstand, because I would have loved to carry my precious baby to term, and would have felt so blessed to have my precious angel here with me, Down's Syndrome or not. The peace comes from knowing that there wasn't anything I did wrong. I did not hurt my baby. There was not anything that I could have done to save my baby. It is also a relief to know that there is not something wrong with me physically that caused this to happen. It means that I can have a healthy term pregnancy. I know that there is still a chance that something like this can happen again, but there is still a chance of a healthy pregnancy.

I love you my precious angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment